- How We Help
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Foot and Ankle Pain / Runners Clinic in Lone Tree, CO
If you have foot or ankle pain with walking or running, the question to ask is: “is it a problem from the bottom up, or from the top down?” Or, could it be some of both?
With our passion and commitment to natural performance enhancement our doctors of chiropractic sports medicineIs test 3 key areas:
1. your running technique, to determine if you need a little coaching to correct a technical problem (which, in our experience, is quite common!)
2. your body's structure with standing, walking and running, to see if you require a biomechanical correction
3. your musculoskeletal balance (strength, flexibility, endurance, joint range of motion, or a muscle balance) to determine what specific corrective exercises you need
We use Spartanova, a leading-edge evidence-based screening tool to identify your body's imbalances and muscle length-strength deficits in painstaking detail. Then we work with you to correct those imbalances, prescribing convenient but highly specific exercises you'll perform 6 days per week. Soon you'll be performing pain-free and get faster, stronger and more flexible in the process. In short, you'll be a better athlete capable of a higher level of performance, with less susceptibility to injury.
For precise ankle and foot injury diagnosis we often used advanced diagnostic ultrasound imaging, or Sports Ultrasound.
Foot and ankle injuries may respond best to Graston Technique®, dry needling, or rehabilitation on our Alter G Antigravity Treadmill. Whatever your needs, we have the advanced training and technology to get you back to competition (and life!) fast. No other sports injury treatment center offers the unique mix of evaluation, rehabilitation and home exercise protocols that we can provide for you. We're serious about getting you physically active and back on track!
Dr. Carmichael and Dr. Seeman have trained with leaders in sports medicine, podiatry, athletic performance enhancement and custom orthotic foot therapy.
Combine these two training opportunities and you’ll see why high level runners have derived so much benefit from regular care at The Center for Spine, Sport & Physical Medicine:
- First, our clinical director, Dr. Joel P. Carmichael, DC spent 3 months of his hospital residency in St. Louis in the mid-1980’s with a world-renowned podiatric surgeon. During this rotation Dr. Carmichael obtained an advanced biomechanical understanding of the foot and ankle and the correction of many running imbalances using corrective custom orthotics.
- Second, in 1996 Dr. Carmichael was awarded board certification in chiropractic sports medicine by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (the ACBSP®). Since that time he has provided advanced, post-graduate training to chiropractors around the country in relation to athletic injuries of the foot, ankle and lower extremity, as well as diagnosis and treatment of spine pain including athletic back pain.
While certainly not a panacea, custom orthotics are useful in certain cases where a permanent structural or biomechanical correction is needed. The custom orthotics we produce have been used by athletes all over the world, including elite runners, professional tennis players, and Olympic athletes. Our orthotics have stood the test of time in some of the most demanding conditions imaginable. For more information contact the Center for Spine, Sport & Physical Medicine in Lone Tree, CO at (303) 290-8342.